Thursday, November 15, 2007

Winslow and Elizabeth Fox

Coming into The Word of God 36 years ago and being baptized in the Holy Spirit has transformed our lives. God has generously and continually given us more of His Holy Spirit so that step by step He has changed us and renewed our personalities into more mature Christians who can be confident in living daily by His grace and to His glory, and has called us to serve Him in various ways.

In Psalm 40 it says: "Many O Lord my God are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you."

Praise God for the spirit-filled extended family He has given us in The Word of God!
* * * * *
"The single most tranforming thing about coming into The Word of God for me was receiving The Baptism of the Holy Spirit, and at the same time receiving the awareness of the distinction between God and Jesus."
Elizabeth F. Fox
* * * * *
I am amazed at how the Lord used many people to work change in my life.
During high school, I briefly considered going into seminary. I thought I was in a pretty good place in my Christian life. So I was reluctant to listen to Harry MacIntosh, Jim McFadden, my own wife, and small-group people like Sister Renee when they spoke about "something more".

But when they prayed, it seemed as though they had a personal relationship with God. I was used to praying, but these people, full of the Holy Spirit,
seemed to address God on a first-name basis.

I wanted that closeness, and received it with the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. This came gradually, not in one instantaneous flash, but over weeks. I am grateful for the change.
Winslow G. Fox