Monday, November 12, 2007

Jan (Mertz) Watson

What a neat idea! Happy anniversary. Here is a short update from me:

I left Ann Arbor and moved to Colorado in September 1990. After my mother’s death in 1987, this move allowed me to connect more closely with my dad and siblings. Since that time, I met and married a wonderful man, Mayo Watson. We celebrated out 10th anniversary this summer. I happily acquired a grown family which has since expanded to include two incredible grandchildren. In addition to family life, Mayo and I spend a good portion of our time serving through parish life in the Catholic church. We are blessed to belong to a solid, vibrant Archdiocese which has greatly enriched our faith. Our particular parish, Saint Mary’s in Littleton, is cared for by three Spanish priests who have a humble and lively love for the loving heart of Jesus. Mayo teaches 7th and 8th grade at our parish school. I volunteer at the library and am president of the Altar and Rosary Society, a women’s service organization. All those years of serving Sunday night district dinners gave me the training I needed to lead these women! I have made a few visits back to Ann Arbor on business trips. It’s always a joy to reconnect with some of my old friends. I am seeing a lot more gray hair and reading glasses and pictures of grandkids with each visit! God bless you all.

Jan (Mertz) Watson