Thursday, November 15, 2007

Jamie Treadwell

I never would have guessed back in 1977, in my first contact with the Word of God in Mary Markley dorm, that today I would be writing this testimony of God’s faithfulness as a lay missionary, single for the Lord, dual citizen of the United Kingdom and the United States.

I write this tonight from the Servants of the Word house in London, England. I just finished a skype call confirming plans for my visit to Beirut Lebanon where I will be training a youth group in their new outreach efforts.

I left the USA in 1986 to serve in our communities in Europe for one year, or perhaps longer if the Spirit so directed. It has now been 21 years across the pond, including 12 years in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The work with young people I started doing with the Word of God provided the foundation for international ministry in youth work I am now engaged in across Europe and the Middle East. I am deeply grateful for the incredibly rich life the Lord has given me. It has been a journey through great difficulty and sorrow, but never without the abiding presence of Christ, and the firm vision of community life that was planted in my heart in those early days of the Word of God in Ann Arbor.