Monday, December 10, 2007

Gail (Schottin) Walsh

I found out about the prayer meetings through my parents, Norman and Rachel
Schottin. They had heard about some Catholics on campus who were reading
their Bibles and having prayer meetings and they were checking it out. I
remember my first prayer meeting in just a corner of the St. Mary's basement with
lamps. I had been in church all my life, but I could tell something was different at
these meetings. The love and presence of God was so tangible. There was such excitement about what the Holy Spirit was doing in people's lives. I was blessed through the many wonderful relationships with brothers and sisters through the years and to be joined with people who wanted to follow God in a radical way. Rufus and I moved our family to Tennessee with Spring Arbor Dist. in 8/99--near Nashville. It is very exciting now to be a part of a fresh move of the Holy Spirit here. It reminds me at times of the early prayer meetings in Ann Arbor.

In Christ,
Gail (Schottin) Walsh